The population of Delhi is on a high rise. It is expected to have 8 million more people till 2021. Thus, it becomes a necessity to think about the future of Delhi. Delhi Development Authority (DDA) has come up with MPD 2021 to curb the problems that will arise due to future population growth. It is currently engaged in MPD 2001 and is now preparing to bring MPD 2021 in such a way that it meets all the requirements of a growing city. Considering the tremendous growth that has to be done for the future, twelve subgroups have been made for the preparation of MPD 2021 as a prelude. The subgroups have been made keeping in mind that people of all sect get to put their mind out in the open. The subgroups that have been constituted comprises of experts and professionals, eminent personals, political representatives, concerned departments, sectoral studies and series of seminars including politicians, administrators, local bodies, and RWAs etc.
The sub-groups made are as follows:
• Demographic Profile
• Regional and Sub-Regional
• Trade and Commerce
• Physical infrastructure
• Traffic and Transportation
• Social Infrastructure
• Mixed Land Use
• Conservation and Urban Renewal
• Environment and Pollution
• Development Controls
The development regarding MPD 2021 goes through a series of stages. These are as follows:
• Interaction of RWAs and public through seminars.
• Recommendations of the sub-groups.
• Advice from state/central government.
• A well-drafted plan.
• Approval from GOI for public issue notice to invite objections and suggestions.
• Consideration of objections and rejections.
• Final plan.
There, the MPD 2021 is planned in a meticulous manner keeping in mind the need of that time.
Registered Off : 209, Aggarwal Square Plot # 10, Pocket 4 Sector-11, Dwarka-(110075)